Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Twenty-Something Cougar

Though I don't plan on participating in the behavior that pop culture associates with the label, I am particularly proud to say that I am a Cougar. More specifically, I'm a CSUSM Cougar. I was recently admitted to this University and I'm planning on getting my B.A. in Literature and Writing. Unfortunately the one thing this does mean that is in the negative is that I'm going to have to move again. It's not that I don't like trying anything new, but all of the organization and packing is very tedious and stressful. 

The positive part is that it's going to mean a lot of change in my life. For example, I finally get to study at a real University, taking classes that are going to matter toward what I want to do with my life. I'm not saying that community college doesn't matter, not at all. It's just that your mind is still occupied on whether or not you're going to get to move up to that "next level" of education, so it prevents you from being allowed to focus on the information you're supposed to be retaining. The courses I'm going to be taking in the Fall will probably not be any different from the ones I've taken in the past, but I'm looking forward to a stress-free learning environment. Of course there is the added bonus of a completely new pool of people to get to know, but honestly I'm just looking forward to getting my degree so that I can start a new life in familiar territory. 

No comments: