Friday, May 9, 2008

This is not a "Love" blog

I'm the kind of person that is bothered by the monotony of entries that are purely for the sake of whining about love lives. That being said, I've been pondering about my romantic future for a while now. Not in the way that some might think. The whole "Will I wind up alone?" question doesn't usually occur to me because I'm not worried about it. The thing that worries me is that I may not actually find the person that is really right for me. Some people settle. Scratch that... most people settle. In my case, the idea of finding someone who is completely right for me is pretty unlikely. This statement isn't meant to stroke my ego in any way. It's just the opposite. The thing is, I am a completely unique individual. I've never met anyone like myself and to be completely frank, that scares the shit out of me. What scares me, more specifically, is that I'm not going to be able to find someone that understands me because I don't understand myself sometimes. It's like trying to put a puzzle together. Here it is, this piece that you've found under the sofa. It's this little bit of blue and it could fit into several different puzzles maybe, but when you try to put it together it's not quite right. What I'm ultimately afraid of is that there is no puzzle. No fit for me. I'm just going to be this piece that is awkwardly forced into this place where I really don't belong. 

No comments: